Cross-listing allows Instructors to combine the enrolments from multiple sections into a single course. Instructors who teach multiple sections of the same course (such as multiple lecture, tutorial, practicum, or lab sections) may wish to use cross-listing to merge these sections into one course and only manage a single course’s content and grades. After sections have been cross-listed into one course the Instructor and others can filter many areas by the original section information.
For more information review the Canvas guide on cross-listing.
Sections can be de-cross-listed. However, this requires assistance from your divisional Quercus administrator.
How to Cross-List?
- From the Dashboard or All Courses area note the course title that you would like to consolidate the section(s) with.
- Enter the course you would like to consolidate into another
- In the course that is to be consolidated, click on Settings
- At the top, click the Sections tab
- Click into individual section
- Click Cross-List this Section
- Search for or select from the options provided in the Search for course area
- Click the Cross-List This Section button
- The section should now be Cross-Listed. You will find yourself in the surviving course. The consolidated course will no longer exist. These steps can be repeated for other courses that need to be be consolidated.
If you need further assistance/ instructions, you can watch this video on How to Cross-List with step by step instructions.
For information on limiting individual’s access to other sections please review How to Add People.