Because academic integrity is more complicated online: more frequent, smaller stakes graded assessments, as well as formative assessments (fewer exams, more “submissions”) are recommended
|Online Quizzes/Exams (Un-proctored) || |
|Class participation || |
- Webinar: easy to track … nothing to add for moving to “online”. A TA can help track.
- Discussion board: easy to track … set clear expectations and guidelines. Occasional instructor engagement on the discussion board helps a lot.
- More on student engagement
|Group/Individual Papers || |
- Nothing to add for moving to “online”. Asking for submissions in “PDF only” can be useful.
|Video submissions || |
- Ask students to upload their videos to any platform (Youtube, MyMedia, MS Stream etc) they are comfortable with and then submit a URL
- Students can decide whether to make the video public or private.
|Peer Feedback || |
- Nothing to add for moving to “online”. You grade whether students can give informed, constructive feedback).
|Proctored Final Exam || |