Table of Contents
Share a video using the University’s MyMedia site #
The MyMedia web site is operated by the university’s library and provides an archival storage and streaming service for video and audio files.
- Sign into MyMedia at https://mymedia.library.utoronto.ca/ using your UTORid
Note: Once you have opened MyMedia, click on the blue ‘Login with UTORid’ button.
- Click on the blue Upload button in the top menu bar near the left side of the window
- Click browse to select and upload your video file. Or drag and drop the files. You can also record a video within MyMedia.
- Once uploaded the video will automatically be processed to optimize it for web use. This normally takes less than 2 hours and you will receive an email when it has completed.
- To change the video settings click the blue pencil iconFrom here you can change the title, add captions, toggle access and more.
- Once the video has been published a link to allow playback can be found by clicking on this three dots connected by two lines icon A new window will pop up with two links.
- You can then copy the the permanent play link. This link can be added to your Quercus course page or emailed to your students. Or you could use the embed code to embed the video into a Quercus page.
To Embed this video into a Quercus page: #
Now that you have obtained the Embed link, you can easily insert the video into a Quercus page!
To select a page from the Pages Index, click the View All Pages button. (You may not need this step)
- By default, videos uploaded to MyMedia can only be viewed by users with a UTORid (i.e. students, staff, and faculty of the university). It is not possible to restrict access to a specific course or group of students and, therefore, the video might be shared with other university users.
- The MyMedia site will accept videos from many different sources and in the common formats (view supported formats). It is possible to record a video with your camera or phone to upload to MyMedia to share with your students.