How to Access MS Stream #
Microsoft Stream is included in the Office 365 suite of apps.
Stream offers a number of features that will help you create and deliver video content. These features include:
- Video hosting
- Screen capture video creation
- Speech to text and auto-generated closed captions
- Flexible permission settings that allow users to share videos with specific groups, channels and people
- Custom video libraries that can be organized by audience and topic
- Video commenting and time code tags to refer colleagues to specific parts of videos
Access Stream on the Web: #
To access Stream, simply login to your Office 365 account. Click on the 3×3 dots icon in the top left corner of the screen and select Stream. If it doesn’t appear in the list, click “All apps” and it should become visible.
Access Stream through the MS Teams Desktop App #
If you have the MS Teams Desktop App installed on your computer, open Teams and click the ellipsis in the left-hand menu to find Streams.
Embedding a video in to a Quercus page is the most secure way to upload videos on Quercus. Embedding simply means the video will be displayed in the page while being hosted elsewhere (making it harder for others to download it). Additionally, Quercus has a storage limit for file uploads Embedding a video will help overcome this limitation. Here you will learn how to upload a video file to Microsoft Stream, and then embed To learn how to access Microsoft Stream, click here first
How to Upload a Video to MS Stream: #
1. On the MS Stream page, click the Upload button in the top right corner:
2. Drag the video file or browse your computer to select it and begin the upload:
3. While the video is uploading, you can fill out the title and description for the video. Timestamps can be added to the video in the description to link to important parts. The format to timestamp to a certain part is H:MM:SS (hours minutes seconds).
4. The Video Language should correspond to the language being spoken in the video so automated captions can be generated. Or you can Upload your own Captions.
5. Under Permissions, selecting “Allow everyone in your company to view this video” will make it available to everyone. However you can also Grant permission to specific groups or individuals.
6. Publish the video once you are happy with the settings. This will make the video viewable.
7. Next, click the Share button:
8. Click on the Embed tab and copy the embed code. You can also adjust the size of the embedded video, as well as the start time, auto play etc.
Once you have the Embed Code copied, you can move on to embedding the video into a Quercus Page
To Embed this video into a Quercus page: #
Now that you have obtained the Embed link, you can easily insert the video into a Quercus page!
To select a page from the Pages Index, click the View All Pages button. (You may not need this step)