Poll Everywhere is available as a free download that easily integrates into your existing Powerpoint, Google Slides, and Keynote presentations. It allows you to embed polls into slides and progress through them as part of the natural flow of your class. Students can respond online in real time through their phones or computers and you can activate, lock, display poll results as needed.
Click here to download the slide deck from the above training session.
Here are detailed instructions for getting set up with Poll Everywhere:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to Rotman’s Poll Everywhere license.
- Download Poll Everywhere for Powerpoint here (Windows) or here (Mac). For Keynote and Google Slides, scroll to the very bottom of this page.
- Run the downloaded file to install
- Open Powerpoint. The Poll Everywhere add-on will appear in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
- Create a new slide and click the Poll Everywhere add-on.
- Click “New” to add one of many different question types to your presentation.
- Note that activities can also be created on the Poll Everywhere website in advance at https://www.polleverywhere.com/login
- Enter Presentation Mode in Powerpoint to test your poll questions.
Follow this link for Google Slides instructions.
Follow this link for Keynote instructions.
Be sure to integrate your Poll Everywhere activities into the appropriate sequence of your slides. When you arrive at a poll question during class, follow these steps:
- In Presentation Mode in Powerpoint, activate your poll by clicking “Activate” in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Students will then have the opportunity to respond, either via text or through the Poll Everywhere URL displayed at the top of the screen.
- If you would like to disallow any further voting, click “Lock”.
- You can toggle displaying results to students using the “Show Responses” button.
- You also have the option of deleting all responses via the “Clear Responses” button.
For more detailed information on Poll Everywhere, please make use of the following links:
- Create an activity
- Multiple choice question
- Open-Ended question
- Ranking question
- Import Questions
- Shareable response link
Poll Everywhere App Downloads:
Tips & Tricks:
- Use an underscore (here_is_an_example) to have a participant’s response display on one line if they respond with more than one word.
- You can use TeX or LaTeX to add formulas or equations in an activity, both in the title and the answer choices.
- Learn how to do that here
Support Team Contact’s Info: Available Monday to Friday from 5 AM – 5 PM PST