Table of Contents
The UT Advanced Group Tool (UTAGT) allows course staff to perform a variety of advanced tasks such as create Groups using baseline rosters, create Sections from Groups, and batch enroll students into Groups.
Access the Tool #
The UT Advanced Group Tool is only accessible to users enrolled in a course as a Teacher, TA, Course Staff, Grader, Designer, or Librarian. The link to the tool needs to be enabled in the Course Navigation Menu.
- In your Course Navigation Menu, click Settings.
- From the tabs at the top, click Navigation.
- Click and drag UT Advanced Group Tool up from the bottom list of hidden navigation items to the top list of visible items. Place it where you would like it to appear in the course menu.
- Click Save at the bottom.
Import Group Rosters #
Course staff of larger courses can batch enroll students into groups by using a CSV or Excel file upload (Best practice is to use CSV as issues can arise with .xlsx).
NOTE: You can only add students that are enrolled in the current course and are not already members of a Group within the desired Group Set.
- Click UT Advanced Group Tool from the Course Navigation Menu.
- Click Import Group Roster.
- From the dropdown menu, select the desired Group Set.
- Select your desired import method.
- Browse your computer for the CSV or Excel file. Ensure your file is set up correctly, based on the import method:
- Single existing Group – single column of student UTORids
- Single new Group – single column of student UTORids
- Multiple existing Groups – first column of student UTORids and second column of Group IDs
- Multiple new Groups – first column of student UTORids and second column of Group Names
- Click Import.